Thank you for joining the Gift of Life Marrow Registry.
As a donor, here are some things you should know:
- You could save a life! If you are a match for a patient battling blood cancer, you will be offered the chance to become their hero. A transplant may be their last treatment option.
- You are unique! You can only donate to those with a very similar genetic heritage to yours and matching is rare. You may be the perfect match to save a patient.
- You can donate stem cells! 90% of donations are peripheral blood stem cells. 10% of donations are bone marrow, usually only for children.
- You can be the difference! By donating and saving a life you are not only giving your patient a second chance at life, you also become part of an incredible group. A group of heroes.
- You pay nothing! Donating is easy and Gift of Life does everything we can to work around your schedule. The entire process is at no cost to you - from travel to medical expenses, it’s on us.