WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED; college degree preferred (Associates or Bachelor’s Degree) Education and/or experience in healthcare preferred; or on-the-job training
The Donor Services Specialist contacts donors when called for further testing after initial recruitment.
- Contacts donors via the telephone and/or e-mail when called for further testing after initial recruitment.
- Speaks with the donor and provides educational information on the donation process.
- Seeks first contact support from donor advocates as necessary
- Schedules donors for blood sample collections, coordinates testing kit distribution, and tracks deliveries.
- Follows up with donors, drawing laboratories, phlebotomists, donor contacts, registries, and transplant centers.
- Troubleshoots unexpected complications associated with scheduling procurement and delivery of samples.
- Monitors Marrow Donor Program supply inventory and orders medical and other supplies as necessary.
- Develops relationships with phlebotomy services and laboratories.
- Monitors donor services fax mailbox and distribute correspondence and medical reports.
- Documents all procedures and workflows and recommends process improvement.
- Performs other departmental duties as necessary, including but not limited to donor database maintenance, recruitment initiatives, and web-based research.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, phone etiquette and sense of business protocol.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Motivated and goal-oriented self-starter.
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel as needed.
- Able to demonstrate high degree of compassion and sensitivity when dealing with donors and their families.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs. Some travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as Executive Management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com.