WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED; college degree preferred. Education and/or experience in healthcare preferred. Case management experience preferred.
The Donor Services Coordinator manages the process of donor collection activities. The position’s primary responsibility is to manage bone marrow and peripheral blood stem cell donors from selection through collection and recovery.
- Preparation of donor charts
- Updates donor information in the registry management system
- Completion of all tasks via the registry management system and/or checklists
- Educates donors on bone marrow and blood stem cell donation processes
- Coordinates the logistics of donor work ups and product procurement
- Reviews results of donor physicals, including all paperwork, test results, and prescriptions
- Coordinates donor needs for physical appointment and collection
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff and donors
- Coordinates courier pick up with collection and transplant centers
- Follow up with donors post collection
- Identifies and reports areas of concern or areas that need improvement Completion of scheduling and paperwork in a timely manner
- Reports deviations and complaints to Quality Assurance Department
- Maintains Marrow Donor Program inventory
- Performs other registry/departmental projects as necessary
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, phone etiquette and sense of business protocol
- Very capable with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Motivated and goal-oriented self-starter
- Able to demonstrate high degree of compassion and sensitivity when dealing with others
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as Executive Management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.