WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Department and Role
Donor Service Specialist - Preliminary Match
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent training and experience. Healthcare experience
preferred but not required
The Donor Services Specialist - Preliminary Match is responsible for maintaining the donor registry and acts as liaison between donors and organization.
- Makes calls to donors in the registry in order to confirm/obtain their current contact information.
- Calls back donors when they leave a message, to confirm/obtain their current contact information.
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism while on the phone.
- Assists in other areas of the Donor Services department as needed/requested.
- Handles a high volume of telephone calls directing callers to appropriate organization employees.
- Takes and delivers messages as required.
- Verifies donor information in MatchQuest database, noting and reporting discrepancies.
- Performs various clerical duties as requested or required.
- Updates information on donor’s as requested or required.
- Contact donors on the telephone when called as a Preliminary Match with a patient after initial recruitment.
- Provide educational information.
- Seek first contact support from donor advocates and internet searches as necessary.
- Follow-up with donors.
- Manage the donor services fax mailbox and distribute items, as needed.
- Document all procedures and workflows and recommend process improvement.
- Other donor center projects as necessary, including donor database maintenance, recruitment initiatives and web-based research.
Responsibilities of this position also include those of the Extended Typing and Confirmatory Typing Coordinator, as this position requires cross training in the ET/CT department. ET/CT Responsibilities include:
- Contacts donors on the telephone when called for further testing after initial recruitment.
- Provide educational information.
- Seeks first contact support from donor advocates and nurse case managers as necessary.
- Schedules donors for sample collections, coordinates kit distribution, and tracks deliveries.
- Follows up with donors and transplant centers.
- Troubleshoots unexpected complications associated with scheduling procurement and delivery of samples.
- Manages Marrow Donor Program inventory and orders medical and other supplies as necessary.
- Develops relationships with phlebotomy services and laboratories.
- Documents all procedures and workflows and recommends process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience handling a multi-line telephone system.
- Previous data entry experience.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Able to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Organized and methodical approach to daily work.
- Must be able to observe strict confidentiality policies.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs. Some travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as Executive Management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.