WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
The Medical Technologist is responsible for working under the Medical Technical Supervisor on the technical and scientific performance of the laboratory. The Medical Technologist is required to be onsite at all times testing is performed. The Medical Technologist will be available to perform daily Hematology and Flow Cytometry processing and testing utilizing cytometer and hematology analyzer software, perform data acquisition of patient samples, and perform data analysis of the processed samples.
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science.
- Certification as a Florida Medical Laboratory Technologist with a recognized agency (ASCP, HHS, etc.) in Hematology and Immunology/Serology
- Florida Laboratory Professional
- Performs examination of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Assist in the labeling, document review and manufacturing release process for apheresis products collected at Gift of Life.
- Ensure safety practices are established and followed for universal precautions and proper use of PPE necessary for the handling of donor samples in the laboratory.
- Managing Send-out tests
- Managing supplies, reagents
- Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
- Manages test data, records and completes all documentation in compliance with GDP and GMP requirements
- Must be flexible, change ready and available when necessary to support operations and workload priorities.
- Shift work and weekend work hours may be required depending on workload demand
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the program
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of FLOW Cytometry and Hematology experience.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. Occasional lifting of objects weighing in excess of 20 pounds. Travel may also be required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to email@example.com.