WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Associate's degree required. RN license required.
The Apheresis Specialist will be responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of stem cell products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization. Performs HPC, Apheresis and MNC, Apheresis collections.
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of stem cell products (e.g., phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, packaging, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Maintains complete and accurate records, including apheresis charts.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Trains other team members on additional duties/tasks, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in stem cell apheresis collections highly preferred
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
This position is sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted, as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.