WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
The Recruitment Specialist manages volunteer donor recruitment activities. The position’s primary responsibility is to educate and recruit volunteer blood stem cell donors onto the Gift of Life Registry in keeping with organizational standards, quality and regulatory requirements, and established recruitment goals. The Recruitment Specialist establishes, builds, and maintains relationships with individuals for the purpose of recruiting and enrolling volunteer donors onto the Gift of Life Registry.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Networks, fosters relationships (new/existing) with high schools, colleges/universities, technical schools, patients and families, corporations and other community-based organizations and coalitions to develop bone marrow registration drives to increase the size and diversity of the national bone marrow registry.
- Identify faculty, staff and student organizations to support Gift of Life Marrow Registry and/or other high school, college and university recruitment and fundraising programs.
- Provides assistance to Event Coordinator to facilitate community involvement in Gift of Life’s activities.
- Invites qualifying individuals to join the national registry and provide registration instructions.
- Coordinates recruitment drives including logistics, supplies, volunteer help, education,fundraising, and media coverage, when appropriate. Drives include patient-driven, community, high school, campus, conventions, and corporate recruitment initiatives.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to obtain support from community for bone marrow recruitment drives and events
- Markets and promotes recruitment and fundraising programs throughout the entire assigned region.
- Attends recruitment drives and special events.
- Work with local businesses on fundraising projects.
- Works with Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to develop and manage volunteer network for recruitment initiatives
- Assists in updating drive coordinators’ recruitment guides, educational publications, brochures and flyers
- Adheres to Gift of Life Marrow Registry’s recruitment Standard Operating Practices and guidelines.
- Develops and implements action plans, manages time, and plans accordingly to ensure goals are met.
- Initiate, develop and implement programs designed to increase performance.
- Trains volunteer recruiters as requested or required.
- Travel is required.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the program
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum five years’ background in marketing and/or sales
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, phone etiquette and sense of business protocol
- Strong research abilities, including Internet-based research
- Very capable with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Motivated and goal-oriented self-starter
- Flexible with schedule and willing to travel out of town to donor drives as needed
- Able to demonstrate high degree of compassion and sensitivity when dealing with patients,their families, and their friends
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. Occasional lifting of objects weighing in excess of 20 pounds. Travel is also required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.