WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum bachelor's degree.
The Development Officer will develop and maintain a portfolio of active donor prospects and create strategies for solicitation of these prospects. The candidate will work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential supporters. S/he will work closely with the Development team and executive staff in creating and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation and closure, and achieve annual fundraising and activity goals. S/he will report to the Director of Development.
- Assist the Director of Development in setting fundraising priorities and establishing financial goals.
- Carry a portfolio of prospective donors that are qualified, cultivated, solicited and stewarded to secure major gift resources on behalf of Gift of Life.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, identify, cultivate, build and solidify relationships with new and established contributors. Analyze historic patterns of giving and assist in developing strategies to encourage new gifts and increase contributions. Directly solicit and close gifts from prospects and maintain relationships through mail, phone or in-person contacts. Coordinate direct mail campaigns. Ensure that required donor records are maintained in MatchQuest®.
- Work with the Director of Development to stimulate effective lay leadership participation in fundraising.
- Identify potential speaking engagements.
- Maintain and manage young professional committees and logistics as assigned.
- Identify 10 new and cultivate potential key contributors for One Huge Night Gala NYC annually.
- Manage and track gift activity by creating reports monthly for review by the Director of Development.
- Identify and cultivate sponsorships for events including but not limited to Steps for Life, and others as directed.
- Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow up based on individual skills and office needs.
- Handle distributions from estate gifts, including preparing estate distribution acknowledgement letters. Serve as liaison with appropriate parties, such as attorneys, trust companies and personal representatives in conjunction with the Director of Development.
- Attend cultivation events; Plan local events
- Travel is required as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Two (2) years of position related experience
- Proven skills in researching and analyzing a variety of reference materials in order to compile, evaluate and disseminate data on corporate and foundation funding sources;
- An understanding of budget preparation principles and practices related to restricted funding.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of confidence and comfort in making presentations before diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to travel periodically if needed.
This position is sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs. Travel is required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted, as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to email@example.com.