WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
The Medical Services RN will be responsible for working alongside the Medical Services team in educating, consulting and screening to qualify donors for stem cell collections.
Associates Degree required. RN License for State of Florida required.
- Review Health History screening in compliance with current guidelines to determine donor eligibility and suitability
- Identify any potential medical risks to the donor and/or the recipient
- Assist with providing medical evaluation during the preparation for donors prior to donation
- Complete and meticulously document all required paperwork
- Demonstrate a high level of sensitivity, appreciation and empathy in dealing with donors
- Communicate all findings and issues to Medical Services Director and or supervising physician and apheresis staff as necessary.
- This position also requires occasional flexibility to increase effort as needed for cross-coverage purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Quick to learn, motivated self-starter
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office, and ability to learn proprietary software
- Critical thinker
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience functioning in a regulated environment and following standard operating procedures
- Current certification from a nationally recognized accrediting body approved by the State of Florida Board of Nursing Registered Nurses
- Ability to work independently while under the supervision of the medical director
- Excellent English language skills essential. Fluency in Spanish desired but not required
- Experience in blood donation, marrow transplantation or cellular therapies, is desirable.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping, and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.