Merlo is a 45-year-old husband, and father of a 9-year-old boy. He is a world traveler and avid tennis player.
A Hispanic-American, Merlo is desperately searching for a life-saving bone marrow match to help defeat his Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
Please consider getting swabbed and joining the registry to help us find a #Match4Merlo.
How can you help?
- Join the registry: Please swab your cheek and join the registry as soon as possible! Hispanic backgrounds are encouraged to participate. YOU may be Merlo's perfect match! Order your swab kit at gol.org/Match4Merlo or join the registry at any donor drive. Find a drive near you.
- Hold a donor drive: We need people to help us register new donors for testing. It’s easy and we’ll train you and send you all the supplies you need. Email Russell Lowe, Community Engagement Coordinator, to start organizing your drive today, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contribute funds: Processing each volunteer donor’s swab kit costs $60 to find out if they are a match for Merlo or another patient in desperate need. Click “Give to My Circle” to the right to donate money.
- Share Merlo's story: There are over 50 million Hispanics in the in United States alone, and someone out there is Merlo's lifesaver. Click on "Share This Donor Circle" (above right) to spread the word.
- International information: If you reside outside the United States and would like to help Merlo, please visit the bone marrow registry in your country of residence. https://share.wmda.info/display/WMDAREG/Database
Get Swabbed Give to my Circle
Aileen Boyle Delaney
David Weiss (owner)
Diane Weiss Foss
Geoff Kerr & Dan Flanagan
Karen Newcombe (owner)
Lorena Paola Zala-Hernandez
Maria Teresa Orizondo
Russell Lowe (owner)