WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum high school education or GED required; or equivalent work experience. Experience in inventory management preferred but not required.
The Logistics Specialist may perform any combination of the following tasks to ensure Gift of Life’s critical and non-critical supplies and promotional materials are ordered, received, counted, stored, issued, or shipped according to standard operating procedures and requirements: Compiles data from, purchase orders, invoices and requisitions and writes or enters information into MatchQuest software system to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Maintain on-going inventory of supplies with periodic full inventory counts.
- Maintain supply records and information, such as item description, quantity available and re-stock limits.
- Coordinate and obtain approval of requisitions and orders for purchasing new or additional supply items to ensure the correct products are ordered.
- Establish lead times for supply reordering.
- Pack and ship Donor Recruitment drive supplies and requests for promotional materials from Marketing, Development and other departments as needed.
- Unpack Donor Drive supplies returned to the office.
- Re-inventory unused supplies and forward completed buccal swab kits and consents to Bio-Repository Coordinator personnel for data entry and processing.
- Verify accuracy of requisitions and shipping orders.
- Receive, count and sort all incoming supplies to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Order and distribute office supplies to all department on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Examine stock to verify conformance to specifications, as appropriate.
- Review inventory levels to determine unused items and recommend disposal of excess supplies.
- Adjust inventory counts and supply records to account for damaged or expired items.
- Store supplies according to identifying information, such as style, size, or type of material.
- Maintain a small inventory of past promotional and Gala items for future design considerations.
- Move or transport supplies, records and office equipment and furniture to offsite storage location and maintain records of items in storage.
- Be point of contact for making daily scheduling changes for Fedex, UPS or other delivery services and ordering necessary shipment supplies from said companies
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Able to work independently and effectively
- Able to multitask effectively
- Detail oriented, well organized
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- General office skills (fax, copy, phones)
- Willingness to work flexible hours and be available after hours as needed
- Local travel may be required
This position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, lift, carry items and climb a ladder. May lift and carry objects over 25 lbs. using hand truck or cart. Local travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted, as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.