WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree – Journalism, Public Relations, 5+ years of experience in relevant field.
The Public Relations Specialist acts as liaison between Gift of Life Marrow Registry and the public. They establish and maintain good-natured, cooperative relationships with the news media, local communities and other public-interest groups to benefit the organization.
- Respond to information requests from the media
- Maintain organization's corporate image and identity
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs to determine whether they are compatible with the organization’s public relations efforts
- Develop press kit materials for media outlets, including press releases, images, pitch letters, case studies, feature articles, and trend stories
- Evaluate public opinion of clients through surveys, polls, and social media listening
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with regional and national media outlets
- Arrange for press conferences, interviews, and other media and event appearances for the organization
- Write speeches and blogs for the organization
- Respond to requests for information from media outlets
- Track, evaluate, and share results of PR efforts
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics as necessary
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise communications
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Develop story ideas
- Drive PR strategies to ensure consistence in messaging across multiple markets
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record securing media coverage across a variety media-national and regional, broadcast, print and online
- Strong background in crisis communications and issues management
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with other teams to accomplish stated goals
- Creative and nimble, and a strategic thinker
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion
- Experience identifying and using data to drive/support storytelling with demonstrated results
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. Occasional lifting of objects weighing in excess of 20 pounds. Travel may be required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted, as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.