WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED; college degree preferred (Associates or Bachelor’s Degree) Education and/or experience in healthcare preferred; or on-the-job training
The Donor Services Manager will oversee the day-to-day operational activities of the Donor Services Specialist staff members, who contact donors when called for further testing after initial recruitment.
- Ensures staff compliance with all Gift of Life Marrow Registry standard operating procedures and policies
- Supervises Donor Service Specialists staff in preliminary match, extended and confirmatory typing areas of the Donor Services Program
- Oversees all aspects of the Donor Service Specialists, which includes the entire lifecycle of bone marrow and blood stem cell donor participation when donors are called for further testing after initial recruitment.
- Assigns caseloads to all Donor Service Specialists ensuring equalization and balance of all workloads
- Manages employee days off and re-arranges department to cover any potential gaps in service
- Schedules all staff assignments and follows up on the progress
- Provides an orientation and training process for all Donor Service Specialists
- Develops, maintains, and updates departmental policies
- Provides Quality Assurance mechanisms within the department and reports them to the Quality Assurance Department
- Maintains open and viable relationships with all associated entities which partner with Gift of Life
- Performs other donor center projects as necessary or required by the Director of Donor Services
- Is responsible for making sure that all goals for the team are being achieved and following up daily on each team member's assignments to make sure they are happening as time is of the essence.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task effectively
- Strong leadership ability, employee mentoring and customer services skills
- Excellent grasp of group dynamics
- Ability to speak in front of the public
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, phone etiquette and sense of business protocol
- Very capable with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Motivated and goal-oriented self-starter
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel as needed
- Translate sales knowledge and experience to leverage and increase the number of donors who proceed in all areas
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of compassion and sensitivity when dealing with donors, their families, and their friends
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as Executive Management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com.