WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
Master’s degree in Nursing; Minimum of three (3) years of Nurse Practitioner experience
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for educating, consenting, screening and performing physical examinations to qualify donors for stem cell collections, evaluate donor risks, manage clinical issues that arise during evaluation, donation or post-donation.
- Oversee and help manage the apheresis center;
- Perform and document history and physical exam on potential, unrelated stem cell donors;
- Obtain and interpret appropriate laboratory studies on potential donors per Standard Operating Procedures;
- Determine, according to Standard Operating Procedures, donor eligibility and suitability;
- Identify any potential medical risks to the donor and/or the recipient;
- Oversee the health of the donor throughout the entire apheresis procedure;
- Providing medical evaluation and treatment during the preparation for, during the procedure, and in the post donation period;
- Complete and meticulously document all required paperwork;
- Complete and document all medical research study activities and documentation on the donors and/or products as needed;
- Assist apheresis nurses to provide excellence in patient care before, during and after the donation;
- Demonstrate a high level of sensitivity, appreciation and empathy in dealing with donors;
- Communicate all findings and issues to supervising physician and other apheresis center and quality systems staff members, as necessary.
- This position also requires occasional flexibility to increase effort as needed for cross-coverage purposes.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned based on program needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Quick to learn, motivated self-starter;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office, and proprietary software;
- Critical thinker;
- Demonstrated leadership ability;
- Experience functioning in a regulated environment and following standard operating procedures;
- Prescriptive authority, including Schedule II through V in the State of Florida.
- Authorization to practice as a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida;
- Current certification from a nationally recognized accrediting body approved by the State of Florida Board of Nursing for Nurse Practitioners;
- Ability to work independently while under the supervision of the medical director;
- Excellent English language skills essential. Fluency in Spanish desired but not required;
- Experience in blood donation, marrow transplantation or cellular therapies, is desirable.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as Executive Management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.