WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALIFIED CANDIDATES FOR OUR BOCA RATON, FLORIDA LOCATION ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION.
Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy. We believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
The Graphic/Web Design Specialist performs a variety of print and web based functions. These include the design and layout of printed collateral materials and graphics for advertising, public relations, recruitment, education and fundraising activities, as well as website design, UI/UX. In addition, the Graphic Design Specialist performs routine and complex duties in the preparation of printing specifications, using a variety of graphic design technology and computer software, coordinating in-house production and outside vendor services.
Bachelor Degree / Minimum of five (5) years of experience
- Prepare design layouts, specifications and mechanicals for books, journals, posters, banners, displays, brochures and other printed and graphic materials;
- Collaborate with departmental management to develop design concepts, gather information, discuss alternatives, gain approval and review publications;
- Handle photography for certain events where professional photographers are not used;
- Analyze and select proper paper stock, ink, type, illustration and printing techniques to be used in final production;
- Monitor scheduling and overall job production and turnaround time, coordinating interrelated activities with others to promote efficient workflow;
- Liaise with staff members, vendors, illustrators, photographers, printers and copyrighters to communicate job specifications and to ensure deadlines are met;
- Participate in the development of audiovisual presentations as needed;
- Website design both independently and in conjunction with an external firm;
- Work closely with the organization’s software development team, event coordination, and marketing / communications staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in print and web design and marketing; prior work with non-profits, fundraising and events is a plus;
- Must possess strong organizational skills, keen attention to detail, creativity, innovation, flexibility in high-stress situations, the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment including demonstrable evidence of outcomes, and the willingness to assist with all tasks needed to ensure the success of an event or project;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously;
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and oral and written communication skills are essential;
- Must take a team approach and be willing to assist as needed;
- Knowledge of HTML (majority of coding is performed by software development staff in the IT department)
- Occasional overtime, and some domestic travel may be required for annual gala and conferences.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and specialized knowledge of desktop publishing programs and graphic design software including the Adobe suite of products: Acrobat Professional, Illustrator, PhotoShop, In Design and Dream Weaver.
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping, and lifting required. May lift objects weighing in excess of 20 lbs. Some travel is also required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Please attach your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.